Sunday, June 23, 2019

Eyes on Me: Isaiah series - Tim Knipp (Isa. 61:1-4; Luke 4:16-21)

Disillusioned.
Mismatched expectations
versus 
reality.
A gray miasma lingers,
infiltrating 
door sills,
obscuring hope.

A light flickers
in Nazareth -
I am here,
he says -
look where 
my coming
was predicted.
Focus your eyes
on me,
see how I sacrifice
my power -
I lay it down
and
die for you.
Watch how I live
to see how I treat
the other,
how I wrestle
the darkness
seeing hope spring
from spark
into flame
as I heal the bruised,
forgive digressions
and bind up
the damaged.
Lift up your eyes;
you too can do this
through me.
I am still active
in the world.
Look at me
and not the gray
miasma.
Look at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.