Sunday, February 2, 2014

Nina Mullet 2/2/14; Going Back to Go Forward - Breaking the Power of the Past

Snares and fungus,
lumps and 
flaws
exaggerated 
like circus mirrors
whenever I look inside.
---
Romans 8:1; 11-17
Adoption 
by the spirit:
fully welcome,
fully embraced.
Perfect Papa -
beyond imagination,
a concept that seems to suggest
naivete 
or
blind devotion
or both.

Ex. 20:5-6
Seeds planted
in forebears flesh
bear fruit
in the now.
The megaphone of pain
insists on being heard.
"Do not fear-"
Oh, but I do,
in the smothering dark
when sleep eludes me
and
my mind rehearses
every rift 
and rejection
that confirms my inadequacy
and justifies
my solitude.
Trace the patterns
of the past,
lay them over the present.
Beware -
be aware --
be ware of...
Face the fear
while gripping
your Father's hand.
Remember His perfect love
and
breathe
as you step
into the present.

3 comments:

  1. "Trace the patterns of the past, lay them over the present." So beautifully said. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exposing the past, bringing it to the light
    Explodes the darkness, bringing us hope...
    THANKS, again, for a wondrous, inspiring creative expression of today's message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks you guys. Just what I needed to read and reflect on tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.