Sunday, March 16, 2014

Incarnate Love, Tim Knipp 3/16/14 -- Phil. 2:5-11

Don your Christ-colored glasses
        and
               look at one another
                            through them;
He did not use His power
    for gain
           but
               lay down
                     for others to walk upon;
        emptied Himself
                   to fill us.

Incarnate one,
       who enters another's eyes
             and
                  walks in their shoes.

He didn't have to do it -
           He chose
                   to lay aside His crown,
              His rights
      as Royalty;
             held out His wrists to be tied,
          His back to be lashed,
                His palms to be speared
             to splintered wood
           in a 
splintered world.

This is love.

  The ears are a conduit
             to the eyes;
                    listening is love in motion.

Enter my world.
          Look beyond the facade
     I wear.
               Touch my tender spots 
        with concern
            and grant me dignity
                       beyond 
                             my utility.

See me.
    Enter my world.
                      Incarnate.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Especially love "the ears are a conduit for the eyes". Thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.