Sunday, September 25, 2016

Crafted & Cherished - Who Are You series (Tim Knipp)


 
Measured by mirrors,
media and
multiple fears,
my value is
pin-prick small.
Sized up to
the immensity of
spinning galaxies,
I am a grain
of sand.
My spot in time
is a mere
millisecond,
faster than a blink.

Yet You crafted me carefully
and endowed
me with eternal 
significance.

You take my breath away,
Majestic God!
How can I wrap
my limited mind
around this paradox?

Made in Your image
to reflect Your loveliness
to all,
to see Your loveliness
in every one.

Seen as accidental products
of evolution,
no lives truly matter.
Survival of the fittest
reduces every interaction
to a power struggle;
the hero is the last one
standing
though the streets
run with blood.

Left without a maker,
I will make myself
and inherit arrogance.
When plans shatter,
I inherit self-loathing.
Both twist my soul
and pervert
my reflection.

I am more than my successes
or failures.
God, give me Your glasses
through which to see
this truth.
Help me shed the lies

and shiver,
speechless 
in a shower of
Your unconditional love
daily.
(Ps. 8 and Isa. 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.