Sunday, July 2, 2017

"What do you want?" Stories of the Kingdom - Tim Knipp (Matt. 13:44-46)



 


 An object of desire,
worth risk
and sacrifice
makes for a good story
and a good life.


What is my desire?
What do I most want -
the deep down motivating
chords 
I tremble to...?

 
In a corrupt country,
sharply divided,
one downtrodden,
stepped upon peasant
finds a winning ticket,
buried.
Covering his bets,
he pools his resources 
(meager and precious though they be) 
to purchase the location
so no questions will 
be asked.
The treasure is worth
any sacrifice.

On the other side of town,
a pearl merchant,
a connoisseur of glowing orbs,
stumbles 
upon perfection.
Breathless with delight,
he jettisons his entire wealth
to own
that one
precious
gem.

Whether earnestly sought
or chanced upon,
God's kingdom
is like these:
a treasure
of infinite worth.

And He who offers
this incredible gift
sees me - 
broken and flawed -
as a treasure
worth sacrificing 
His all
to win.  

If I listen closely,
I can hear
a thrumming
in the air
and my 
heart stirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.