Sunday, November 5, 2017

Caught Not Taught: From Prison with Joy series - Tim Knipp (Phil. 3:17-4:1)

Mechanized living -
efficient and productive -
assembly line formation:
the way of the world.

Rather...shadow me, 
says Paul.
Imitate my movements,
evaluate my choices,
and do likewise.
Press in to my shape;
see my heart
and mold yourself around me.

**********************

Who is imprinting me?
And what will the results be?
What glaring fault lines
will trip them up?
This broken being is all I have,
limping along a darkened path...
do I dare to lead the blind?

Before I can be impress-able,
I must press in to God,
softened and moldable,
chastened and raw,
till I am formed anew
by His character
and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.