Sunday, August 4, 2019

After All; Question Marked series - Christian Lindbeck (John 14:6-11)

Electrically charged ions
slither and snap
as befuddled minds grapple
with words that
seem senseless.

The "follow me" teacher
figures says, "stay here -
where I go,
you can't."

To astounded, gung-ho 
volunteers,
He says, "No, you won't,
and what's more,
you'll fail me."

"Look at me
and you'd seen Him.
Don't you know me?
After all you've seen
and heard,
how could Kingdom,
earthly-law-defying-power
come from my hands alone?
Do you not trust me?"

Theory becomes personal
as they
and we
ponder.

How long have I known Him
and yet
I don't trust the intimacy
of true knowing?
Why does the risk 
loom gigantic -
an insurmountable barrier
that paralyzes my feet?

Even though I straggle behind,
choosing shadows
and mere echoes of His voice,
still He turns
with kindness
and beckons
me closer.

Do I dare
(disturb the universe)?
And 
do I
dare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.