Sunday, January 26, 2020

Hear Me: Galatians; Life in the Spirit - Christian Lindbeck

Once "chosen" meant "elite -
a designation used as a wall,
a barrier
to keep others outside.
As we pull the wall down,
rejoicing in the influx,
we must grapple 
with new questions:
What happens next
and how do we live now?

Accustomed to 
delineated rules and 
structures outlining
our path,
we now find the way
less clear.
The GPS is now
inside us - 
Spirit-led, we can
find our own way.
This is at once 
less tangible
and more terrifying.

But even so, 
why would you so quickly
fall back 
into a walled city mentality?
You are shaming me
and throwing God's grace
back in His face!

Some people say 
I have no right to preach at you,
as if I am inventing my theology,
ad-libbing as I go along. 
Let me remind you of my credentials:
a lover of God's law to the extreme,
a meeter of Christ Himself,
who called me in person
and trained me one-on-one.
My words are not my own,
but His.
I care not what people think.
These words are not commercialized
to be marketable 
and appealing to the masses -
I speak truth and truth alone.

As zealous as I was 
to eliminate Christianity
as a dangerous sect -
even to the point of murder -
that zealousness has been
chastened but not doused,
redirected to serve God
and Christ
through my knowledge 
of scripture and devotion
to the Messiah
at whatever cost -
even to my very life.

Therefore, please 
hear me.

Gal. 1:6-24; Eph. 36:24-27; Gal. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.