Sunday, April 8, 2018

I Believe; Creed Series - Tim Knipp (Rom. 10:9-10; Ps. 88; Matt. 28:9)

Fragments chipped away,
reshaped,
distorted -
threatening collapse.
A core was essential -
a solid isle on which to stand,
substantial,
clearly outlined,
entrenched in time.

More than rationality,
belief is choice and emotion
linked to thought and action:
grasping raspy rope
and rappelling down
the mountainside.
Just thinking it is so
will not do
when questions come
(as come they must),
when the earth quakes
and trembles.
Belief is more than 
intellectual certainty.
A scientific treatise
on the trustworthy fibers
joined together to
create the rope
is helpful but
 
faith requires a leap.

Sometimes
"darkness is my
closest friend"
for then
I must trust what
I cannot see
and cling ferociously.

Day-by-day faith
requires choice
walking hand-in-hand
with reason, doubt
and trust in the Person
of my God:
fathersonspirit.

The Creed is a portrait
of this Person,
painted in broad
and minute strokes;
delineated,
examined,
cradled in crimson
and verdant green.

This I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.