Sunday, January 6, 2019

Glimmers of Hope: Isaiah Light to the Nations - Christian Lindbeck (Isa. 6:1-8; 1 John 3:1-2)

To see a flash of future,
astonishing in scope
and to alter the present 
accordingly -
this is purpose personified.

Am I aimed and readying myself
for what's to come?
Do I listen long and lingeringly
for daily direction and
do it?

Such a sight did Isaiah see:
the King and his entourage entire,
fantastical in full color
and epic in size -
no temple could contain
such majesty!
Flaming figures, shimmering
with white hot purity,
whose voices 
reverberated in triune
worship -
"holy, holy, holy!"
The material world
vibrated violently
and he fell prostrate,
overwhelmed with an
acute awareness
of fault and failure.
Then a burning one
brought fire to Isaiah's lips;
his sin sizzled,
vanishing in a molten kiss. 
Still half-fainting from
the sensation of 
loss as gain,
when the King 
called for recruits,
Isaiah raised his hand
saying, "Me! Take me!"

Sights like these are granted to few, 
but we can see wonders too.
Such amazing love He has for us,
calling us His children
and friends!
For now, we are unsure
and unsteady,
but one day, we too,
will see Him in the flesh.
He will not be as He was on earth,
but we will behold
the glorious technicolor
and artistry of movement, texture,
depth and delicacy,
poetry and power,
that is His essential essence.
This, is my target,
my hope
and ultimate truth,
the prism through which I view:
irritating personalities,
unforeseen setbacks,
health and relational concerns, 
in fact, all that my days bring.

So even when I am wandering 
in the dark,
stumbling over uncertainties,
fearful of earth's future
and dismayed by governmental
ineptitude,
I can see a glimmer
in the distance
that keeps me stumbling on,
ever hopeful
and 
unashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.