Sunday, March 31, 2019

Pass Me On; Isaiah: Light to the Nations series - Christian Lindbeck (Isa. 49:1-13; 2 Cor. 1-2: Acts 2:1-12; Matt. 5; Acts 13:47)

On the flip side -
unparalleled, paradoxical
and oxymoronic -
He is left side up
and True.

Puzzle pieces
slide into place,
camouflaged as coincidence,
only seen fully
and occasionally 
in retrospect.  
Community life
forms around celebrations
to illuminate 
Author-aspects
and whisper
hints
of eternal design.
All symbolic
of coming attractions,
rituals flesh out
and bones animate
in Christ.

"I am He who
has been anointed
from the time
before time;
prepared - sharpened,
and sent to 
serve
all who live -
all tribes and governments,
all skin tones and languages.
I am honed and trained
to serve -
first, people of my earthly flesh, 
Israel,
and then
the rest of my flesh, Humanity."

"When the time is right,
I will come through for you,
(and now is the time,
join me, won't you?)
I will draw people to me
from every corner
of a round planet."

See the multicultural crowd
gathered en masse,
lit like candles
and conversing without
translators.

"I am the Light source -
now carry me into the dark
like Olympic games 
torch bearers,
touching off ripples 
that upset pedantic paradigms,
baffle and confound
the cynical,
and watch the moral arc
of the universe
bend once again
towards Shalom."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.