Tuesday, September 30, 2014

God Came Down, Tim Knipp 9/28/14

The world intended: Eden's goodness.
The world as it is: deformed by sin.

Moving east (away from God)
we settle 
for less.
The power to create - 
potentiality -
hums and sparks
as God
intended
but
to what end?
To carve our names
into earth's flesh,
identifying ourselves
as individual
entities?
To stare at our own image,
mesmerized?
To cling to what is safe
instead
of trusting the Unknown?

We believe the lie
and cling
to material identity:
I own, 
therefore, I exist.
to sexual identity:
I arouse,
therefore, I exist.
to cultural identity:
I hate,
therefore, I exist.

Hubris rises,
a stench to God,
as the bricks
of separation mount.
Seated on high,
with heavenly armies
at His command,
God
comes 
down.
Yawheh descends.
No minion messengers
will do
to deal with the threats
of sin and death and fear;
only a personal
encounter 
will do.

And so,
God came down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.