Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Flood of Justice, Carlo Furlan, 9/21/14 (Gen. 6-9; Ez. 33:11; Matt. 24:37)

Violation -
the flayed flesh,
raw and quivering;
betrayal of trust;
the twisting
and 
perversion
of all that was once
good.
Corruption clings like cancer
to the human race.

Our God grieves
over hearts of stone
that have chosen
wickedness
and perpetuated
pain,
but He will not wait forever:
the rains will come.

Enough will be enough.

It will be like this: 
the clock will chime
and judgement will begin.

Am I ready
for the "exam?"
 Do I isolate myself
and cram for it,
focusing only on
the next world?
Or do I do good 
in this world
because of the world to come?
How many wasted hours
am I guilty of?
How many wounds
bear my mark?

Every wound leaves
two scars on
God's heart -
one for the receiver 
and one
for the perpetrator.
See how He bleeds!

Who will bring any
charge against those
whom God has chosen?
It is God who justifies.
Jesus pleads my case
because He knows me.
He recognizes Himself in me -
a faint and minor 
resemblance,
but 
He claims me, even so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you letting us share with you today. We love to hear your thoughts and comments.